Terms & Conditions
Dear: customers from all over the world
Depending on the type of reservation we have different requirements, therefore please refer to the specific document your sales consultant sends to you. It is imperative that you read and understand our terms and conditions. This is wholly the client’s responsibility.
Travel in Peru; Apurimac adventures operates in regions where standards of accommodation can vary. Transportation and services might not be like those you would normally have back home. However we strive with all due care and skill, to provide the best service for our clients. Travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, good humor and an understanding that changes may be made without notice due to circumstances beyond our control. (Superior Force/Force Majeure – see below). By booking any of our tours & treks you agree to allow Apurimac adventures to make necessary changes without liability.
Force majeure/ superior force
This is in any event that Apurimac adventures could not even with all due care, foresee or avoid. This cover events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strike, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Apurimac adventures will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips. (this is a last option of course!)
Incremental charge in case of protests or strikes (Force Majeure); In the event of a protest or strike( which is not uncommon in Cusco) it may be necessary to leave a day or even two days earlier than scheduled so that we are able to comply with other services. In this case there may be an additional fee, depending on the situation.
By booking any of our adventure tours or treks (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Lares trek , Salkantay trek, Ausangate trek, Choquequirao trek, Vilcabamba trek and more) you assume the risks associated with them. For these treks, Apurimac adventures Travel Company accepts no responsibility.
We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance that covers accidents, medical expenses (including rescue and air ambulance) and emergency repatriation. We also recommend that it covers cancellations and loss of luggage. You can use a travel insurance comparison website to search and compare over 250 travel insurance plans to find the best policy to best suit your needs.
Once you have purchased travel insurance, please forward a copy of the insurance company name and policy number by email or bring the information when you come in to our office.
Holiday or election increments:
An extra charge of $35 USD per person is applicable for all treks (regardless of group / private option / size of group) starting on any of the following dates:
-Christmas (Dec 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th)- New Year (Dec 29th, 30th, 31st, Jan 1st). An extra charge is also applicable if a trek leaves during election days. (People are fined if they do not vote)
- We use the extra charge to pay staff a bonus for working during holidays or to pay fines for not voting.
Sending your primary departure date and back up date:
By providing us with a primary date and a secondary date for your trek (classic Inca Trail, Lares trek, Salkantay trek, Tour to Machu Picchu, Choquequirao trek. etc) you automatically authorize Apurimac adventures to use either of those dates for your reservation. After we have received your booking form and have confirmed that your deposit was made successfully. Apurimac adventures will send you the final re-confirmation via email, also to re-confirm the exact departure date of your trek. You should receive the re-confirmation email within 48 hours.
Sending us your personal details for booking:
Your passport number and other personal information must be valid. Please advise us immediately if your passport number changes after booking your tour. This is especially important for booking any trek or tour to Machu Picchu.
In order to have the discount, please email us a copy of your ISIC Card or Passport (only under 25 years old) at booking time to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is the only way to get the discount.
- You will have to show your valid ISIC card at our office and at Machu Picchu entrance.
Making a reservation and payment of your deposit:
- In order to make a reservation for a Tour & Trek with Apurimac adventures, the client is required to make a US$200 deposit, The deposit can be sent through PayPal or VISA, which will incur a 6% PayPal or visa merchant fee paid by the traveller. This deposit is non-refundable. Upon making a reservation, regardless of reservation method, Apurimac adventures assumes that the client has read the Terms and Conditions.
- The reservation order becomes final on the date that Apurimac adventures receives the client’s deposit. Upon receipt of the deposit, a compulsory contract is in place between the client and Apurimac adventures.
- All people named on the reservation order are committed to the contract with Apurimac adventures . The person who signs the contract is regarded as having the permission of all persons whose names are on the reservation order and verifies that all these people are fully aware and accept the Terms and Conditions of Apurimac adventures.
- We require a non-refundable deposit (as mentioned above) along with your personal details (full name, passport number, gender, nationality and date of birth) at the time of making the reservation.
Final payments terms:
The remaining balance will be paid in our office in Cusco at least 3 days before your tour start date. However, it can also be paid in advance through PayPal with a 6% merchant fee paid by the traveller. Please notify us if paying by Paypal or Visa. In our office we accept both U.S. and Peruvian currency of any denomination. We do not accept any torn bills. If you are not arriving to Cusco 2 days before your tour begins, please arrange your payment with the Apurimac adventures team before your arrival.
Cancellation policy for treks and tours:
“Notification of cancellation must be made in writing to email@example.com. If you wish to cancel within eight weeks of your tour start date, further payment is needed as follows”
- If you cancel eight weeks or more before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
- Four to eight weeks before departure: 60 percent of the total tour price is due.
- Four weeks to five days before departure: 80 percent of the total tour price is due.
- Five days to 36 hours: 90 percent of the total tour price is due.
- 36 hours or less before departure: 100 percent of the total price is due.
- Porter service hired cannot be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
We charge these fees because there are a great deal of expenses that Apurimac adventures pays to set up these tours. Unfortunately there are no exceptions. We would be happy to supply a letter for your insurance company to help recover some of the cost.
NOTE: Your US$200 deposit is non-refundable. Any Inca Trail tours cancelled at any time are non-refundable due to the high demand and price of permits. If the cancellation applies, it will be without payment fees.
Changes made by client:
The person who signs the reservation order is the only person that can make changes to the Tour, trek or any trip. A $35 USD order fee is charged to make any changes. Though all efforts will be made to make the changes requested, they are not guaranteed and there may be additional costs in relation to these changes.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THE INCA TRAIL, PERMITS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, NON-REFUNDABLE, AND DATES CANNOT BE CHANGED.
Changes and cancellations by Apurimac adventures:
We always make our best efforts to carry out tours / services according to the original schedules as listed in the reservation order. However, by entering into this agreement with Apurimac adventures the client accepts that necessary changes may need to be made to a tour, trek, or any trip, due to predominant conditions (see ‘Force Majeure’ section above).
Apurimac adventures reserves the right to change or cancel any facilities, services and substitute for reasonable alternative of comparable value.
In the event of a major change, the client will be notified as soon as possible. The client will have options with regards to accepting the change.
- We strongly suggest spending time at high altitude (above 3000 meters / 9842 feet – in Cusco or another high altitude area for a minimum of 2- 3 days before undertaking your trip. This is in order to minimize the possible effects of altitude sickness. By drinking plenty of fluids, adding sugar to your drinks, eating food high in carbohydrates, avoiding cigarettes and alcohol, drinking coca tea (ancient traditional leaf) will help your body acclimatize much faster, Diamox can also be helpful – please ask your doctor about purchasing any medications before traveling.
- We recommend you arrive in Cusco 48 hours or more before trek departure because occasionally we need to leave earlier than scheduled in case of strikes or other events out of our control (see ‘Force Majeure’ section above).
About the briefing:
The night before your trek, there will be a pre-trek talk (briefing) in our office at either 7:00pm or 7:30pm. (the time will be confirmed upon your arrival or by email) A duffel bag will be provided, if you have paid for a sleeping bag it will be given to you at this time.
Before coming to the briefing please have a look our packing checklist in which you will find all of the things you will need to take for the trek or tour.
Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in Cusco!
Leave a Comment